Today post will be the very very short, because, I must confess, too much is going on and I feel distracted.
Small tragédie, sad anniversaries, private sorrows seem to dissolve in the onslaught reports from Syria. Between the winter sorrows, we try to organize our lifes, prepare Christmas, continue previously abandoned projects, start some things new. It is all a little surreal, a little unreal and highly emotional.
It is difficult to focus on writing about a carrot when so much is going on.
So, please, forgive brevity of today’s post. Because it will be about the carrot.
Today some side dishes, some comfort foods. Carrot with ginger, brussel sprouts with peanut butter. You can, of course, use these ideas separately, or you can (like me) bring them together, you can make the third side dish.
I admit that I loved mixing these tastes, although Almighty prefered them alone. And why there is no dumplings, because dumplings would be amazing.
But… Imade some dumplings with carrot too. Will you want me to post them?
30 dag of brussels sprouts
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoon chili sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
0.5 kg of carrots
3 cloves garlic
3 cm root ginger (grated)
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Peanut butter, maple syrup, mustard, olive oil and chili sauce mix.
- Clean the Brussels sprouts, cut in half. Translate to the bowl.
- Add the marinade and mix, so marinade cover all Brussels sprouts.
- Put Brussel sprouts in the baking dish (casserole dish or baking paper).
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes in a preheated oven to 200C (392F).
- Peel the carrots and grate.
- Peel the garlic and mince.
- Warm up the oil in a frying pan.
- Add the carrots, garlic and ginger.
- Fry, stirring, do until carrots are tender – approximately. 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and fry for a few minutes.
Serve warm. Bon Appetit 🙂