Today I have for you an autumn salad. Yup, salad again.
I wondered over the salad, which will complete holiday dinner, not necessarily Christmas already, but the family gathering on the occasion of November 1? Why not.
It’s not a problem for me doing two main dishes, but I wanted a salad that will fit both dishes, meat and veggie one.
I didn’t want to use the components difficult to access or/and exotic, because among the guests will be both children and culinary traditionalists (elders). And believe me, to reconcile the expectations of guests (in the end, their host is a culinary blogger!) and their perceptions of what really they dare and want to eat, it is a terrible job.
I put on a combination of fresh fruits and vegetables with seasoned dressing.
And so we have the fried sweet pears, baked, also sweet beets, lots of greens (lettuce, chard leaves, spinach) and simple garlic-honey dressing.
In the pictures, you will notice that I used for the salad beets from chards, which is a nice option when you do two servings 🙂 However, with the proper preparation of dinner, the salad will go the usual beets. I’ll look for the smallest ones, but definitely I will buy in “kilograms” and not a „bunch”.
As for pears. I used a variety of “Bojniczanka” is quite big pears on lightcream sweet-sour pulp. Exceptionally, I managed to buy a small bojniczanki, but it is rather unusual for this variety.
Frying will be the best varieties of hard flesh and thin skin – Williams, Lukasówka. If we choose to fry pears without skin – they just fall apart. Therefore I advise not to use „Klapsa”, it’s great pear, very sweet and firm, but skin is hard and thick.
For nonvegan, I suggest cheese with blue mold as one of the salad components.
For all, roasted nuts.
The salad is impressive, but rather the traditional taste, nice add to both mains – dishes and veg.
Bon Appetit 🙂
Ingredients (for 2)
2 small pears
2 bunches of chard or 4 small beets
a few handfuls of greens – salad mix chard leaves, spinach, kale, lettuces
some roasted walnuts
1 tbs sunflower seeds
rice oil (frying)
version nonvegan – a piece of cheese with blue mold
2 – 3 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of avocado oil (good quality olive oil or another good oil)
2 tablespoons maple syrup (honey)
pinch of salt
0.5 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- We prepare dressing – peel garlic, chop finely, and translate into a jar. Add the remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly. Put aside.
- Wash beets, lightly rub with oil, wrap in aluminum foil. Bake for approx. 40 minutes in a preheated oven at 220C (425F). – You can do it the day before and store beets in the fridge.
- Walnuts and sunflower seeds roast on the pan.
- Wash pears, divide into quarters, remove the seeds, cut each quarter into 3 parts.
- Warm up the oil in a frying pan.
- Add pears and fry until browned.
- Lettuce divide on smaller pieces. Translate into a large bowl.
- Add a tablespoon or two of the dressing, mix.
- Add the chopped beets.
- Add half of the remaining dressing and mix again.
- Add the fried pears, roasted nuts (and, if you use it, crushed cheese), pour the rest of the dressing.
Bon Appetit 🙂