For some time (dating as far as visit in Cheder, in Cracow) I had this urge for salad. Not any salad, but superfoods salad I saw in Cheder menu. But for me it is rather a superleftover salad. In restaurant I ordered a fantastic hummus with broad beans, salad would be too much.
In general, I want to tell you that walking through the Kazimierz it is a pleasure like no other. Although more and more tourists are wandering there (especially the famous Okrąglak on the Jewish Plaza), but, in comparison with the Main Market and surrounding areas, it is extremely peaceful place. So many fantastic cafes, restaurants and pubs, where it is easy to find something really good adn really original. Great atmosphere, brings to mind words like artists, bohemia. And so, to that reminisce of Cracow, I pulled out of cupboards my superleftovers.
Chickpeas, at least, what left after falafels. Mixture “Rice & More” Grain of the Incas (long grain rice, white quinoa, amaranth, bulgur lupine), that I received a long time ago and I had no idea what to use it for. Almonds and coconut.
To this I added the bell pepper. And green onions, because nothing can be made without them.
20 dag of chickpeas
15 dag of a mixture of long-grain rice, quinoa, amaranth and bulguru
2 tablespoons coconut
1 tablespoon almonds
1 bunch green onions
1 red bell pepper
1 – 2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
juice of one lemon
1 – 2 tablespoons maple syrup (honey)
- Garlic mince and with rest of the ingredients translate into a jar.
- Mix. Leave it for later.
- Chickpeas soak overnight.
- The next day, change the water, rinse the chickpeas and cook until tender in lightly salted water.
- Blend of grains and rice cook, approx. 10 minutes.
- Blanche almonds, peel, chop. Toast chopped almonds in a frying pan.
- Coconut toast, stirring constantly (coconut can be burn very fast).
- Wash peppers, remove seeds and cut into narrow strips.
- Green onions finely cut.
- All the ingredients translate into a bowl, mix.
- Just before serving, add dressing and mix again.
Serve alone or eg. with veggies/muchrooms in tempura. However, if you serve the salad as a side dish, reduce portion a little. Bon Appetit!