There is a saying: “Some days I amaze myself. Other days I put the laundry in the oven.”
I want to tell you, that putting parsley roots in the oven resulted in „amaze” category. Because parsley root is sad vegetable – no one likes it, no one wants it, it always lands as addition with other root veggies, sad, lonely, unwanted. But, ladies and gentlemen, this is a delicious root!
Already I mixed parsley root and pear (soup, which may not look beautiful, but it tastes fantastic), with carrots or other roots, but the first time I dared to serve parsley root on its own. But I was bored with roasted carrots, beets and potatoes, and I wanted something baked/roasted as addition to raw salads.
Baled parsley root glazed with sriracha sauce and maple syrup. You can, of course, the use of honey instead of syrup.
Remember, too, that parsley bakes fastest of all root vegetables and it can happen that 15 minutes is too long. Therefore we guard lour glazed parsley roots like Cerberus guards gates of hell.
If you do not have sriracha, then you can use another chili sauce – sambal, Thai chili sauce (nam chim kai).
Regardless of the sauce, I assure you that you will love the taste of baked parsley roots. Bon Appetit!
5 – 6 small parsley roots
1 tablespoon sriracha (or other chili sauce)
1 tablespoon maple syrup (or honey)
1 teaspoon sesame oil (liquid coconut oil or clarified butter)
0.5 tsp salt
- Mix glaze ingredients in a jar.
- Wash and dry parsley roots.
- With silicone brush distribute the glaze on parsley roots, and then put parsley on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Warm up the oven to 200C (392F).
- Parsley bake approx. 10 – 15 minutes (parsley bake very quickly, and the glaze gives them a slightly golden color, so best is to check after 10 minutes if they’re ready).
Serve hot, accompanied by other vegetables and / or sauce. Bon Appetit 🙂