If you’re frequent on the farmers markets, you probably noticed that there are young carrots. Bunches of nice, small, juicy and sweet (like honey!) carrots.
Of course, such a carrot taste best raw, barely washed, although experts say that a little dirt creaking in the teeth does not hurt. Much. However, it spoils the taste, so I rather prefer to wash carrots 🙂
However, if we all would ate only raw carrots, then I would not have things for the blog. And that sometimes something is posted here, then I needed to prepare carrots for today. And thus young carrots baked in peanut butter.
The recipe is simple and, as it happens in the summer, extremely fast.
With what carrots to serve?
With anything and everything you want. I thinka that the best is serve carrots with new potatoes, simply cooked in water. Some of you might serve them with grilled meats, others with tofu or grits (I recommend, as always, buckwheat white). No matter what you chose, it will be delicious.
Do not throw out the carrot leaves. Make pesto!
- a bunch of young carrots (approx. 5 – 6 pcs.)
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (I mixed 2 tablespoons peanut butter and 2 teaspoons almond butter, made by Primavika)
- coconut oil for greasing the mold
- Carrots carefully wash and cut off leaves – leave approx. 1 – 1.5 cm.
- Peanut butter combine with the curry paste and then thoroughly rub each carrot with mixture.
- Baking dish grease with coconut oil and put carrots in.
- Warm up the oven to 180C (356F).
- Bake carrots approx. 20 minutes.