I like romaine lettuce very much. Especially these mini ones, which is perfectly enough for an ideal portion of greens for one person. And, when you don’t have taste for salad, it’s still possible to do wonders with them. I added romaine to soups and curries. And this time I decided to grill it. And you know what? I do not know which version suits me more – raw or grilled.
You have to see yourself. So today veryfast and very easy recipe for grilled romaine with absolutely perfect tahini sauce.
This grilled romaine is great as an addition to grilled meals. Preparing of the sauce is also fast, easy and sauce itself is suitable for many dishes – stewed carrots, grilled lettuce, cucumber sandwiches.
However, we must be careful not to overdo it with tahini, because of its distinctive, slightly bitter taste. However, if you overdo with tahina, you can save it with a splash of coconut milk.
2 mini lettuce Romaine
1 teaspoon coconut oil (olive oil or butter – when we use the butter dish ceases to be vegan)
4 tablespoons tahini paste
1 – 2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice (half a lemon)
1 tablespoon olive oil
some salt (rock, not iodized)
pinch of ground cumin
a pinch of cayenne pepper
pinch of ground fenugreek
3 – 4 tablespoons cold water
- All the ingredients translate into a blender and mix.
- If you want to get a thick paste – do not add all the water at once, but gradually, until the desired consistency.
- The sauce can be stored in the refrigerator in a glass jar, up to 7 days.
- Salads, cut lengthwise into halves.
- Sprinkle lightly with olive oil.
- Preheat the grill / frying pan on a hot grill and put the salad cut side down. Grill the approx. 3 minutes.
- Turn, grill up to 3 minutes.
Translates to a plate, pour the sauce of tahini. Bon Appetit 🙂