Small cauliflowers are avaiable on the farmers market. Polish, young, small (approx. 0.5kg), ideal for one. Almighty believes that the cauliflower is amazingly edible either raw or simply cooked and served with bread crumbs, but I prefer something different. And I had this lonely,sad, dying pear in the fruit bowl…
Because, when summer comes, full of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, watermelons even, I somehow cease to like pears. I bought this one with the aim of pear smoothie, but I forgot about it.
I do not remember where, but once I saw recipe with pear marinade. The idea stuck in my head and reminded now.
The most important things I had: cauliflower for baking and pear for the marinade. The rest came along 🙂
Baled cauliflower with pear is sweet at first, to almost immediately hit a sharp hint of pepper. Sprinkled with lemon juice gains an additional note, fresh and light. It is worth a try. Bon Appetit 🙂
small cauliflower (approx. 0.5 kg)
1 tablespoon vinegar pear (or light balsamic vinegar or balsamic vinegar)
2 – 3 tablespoons peanut oil
2 teaspoons wild garlic
1 teaspoon coriander (dried)
1 teaspoon of the mixture of herbs (parsley, sorrel, watercress, garlic, chives, salad burnet, chervil garden, borage)
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper smoked
2 – 3 kafir leaves
- Wash cauliflower, dry it with a paper towel.
- Pear peel, remove the seeds, and translate into a blender.
- Add the rest of the marinade ingredients (except kafir leaves) – blend.
- Cauliflower rub with marinade, repeating the process two or three times.
- Put cauliflower on the aluminum foil (shiny side to cauliflower). We can pour rest of the marinade over cauliflower.
- Add kafir leaves.
- Wrap the foil tightly.
- Warm up the oven to 180C
- Cauliflower bake approx. 40 minutes (if it is larger, for example. 1 kg – bake approx. 1 hour).
Serve hot, sprinkled with fresh lemon juice.