I recently heavily neglected blog, again. On the one hand it is normal, because I’ve intensively spend time outside the kitchen, but on the other hand, I have a lot of cool things that I wanted to share with you.
Shaping oneself back again is real ordeal. Of course, the rational part of the mind suggests that overweight and lack of forms hasn’t reveal suddenly, overnight, but grew slowly. Day after day, with every “oh, I don’t want to move now, workout tomorrow”, with each “chocolate does not ask, chocolate understand.” But, once we decide to finally do something with ourselves, then we would like to see the effects right away. And there is nothing. And sometimes is even worse.
So you clench your teeth and repeat like a mantra “four weeks and you notice the changes. Eight weeks and your friends will notice the change. 12 weeks and the rest of the world sees them. “. I still have hope that these changes will be spectacular. And they simply are.
And so I monitored changes. I’ve read. I watched (on Netflixie is Doctor Who! Do-weee-do!) movies. I played.
But to the point. Lately I get so excited about spring coming and I promised the return of salads and raw salads. Unfortunately, the spring became gloomy and rainy and, instead of salads, I eat vegetables from the oven or soups. As in the winter …
However, even baked vegetables can color your day. And so it happened here. Salad of roasted vegetables on fresh spinach. For this, sauce made of roasted garlic and, really, I have no idea what more you need.
Absolutely brilliant, delicious, wonderful food. Roasted vegetables with garlic sauce is a great stand-alone dish (I added roasted sunflower seeds…), but you can also have it as an addition, or instead of potatoes.
Bon Appetit 🙂
Ingredients (2 portions):
5 – 6 carrots
5 – 6 small beets
approx. 30 dag of fresh spinach
1 head of garlic
coconut oil (approx. 1 tbsp)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons of avocado oil (pumpkin seeds or good olive oil)
0.5 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
salt (rock – Himalayan or plain white)
roasted sunflower seeds
- Peel the carrots, wash and cut lengthwise into quarters. Translate into a bowl, sprinkle with coconut oil and mix, so that the oil cover thoroughly all the pieces of carrot. Taught on paper lined baking sheet.
- Beets peel, wash, cut into quarters. As a carrot – cover with the oil and translate on the baking sheet. Arrange vegetables that they do not touch, so they don’t unnecessarily stain.
- Garlic cut in half, sprinkle with oil, lightly season with salt and wrap in aluminum foil, then bake for approx. 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 200C.
- After about 15 minutes in the oven insert vegetables and bake for approx. 20 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the oven (vegetables still have a few minutes), peel and translate into a blender.
- Add the lemon juice, avocado oil and pepper and mix it together. If the sauce is too thick, you can add a little water (or yogurt, but then the sauce will not be vegan. But if you use plant yogurt, you still can have vegan garlic sauce.).
- Clean the spinach and then blanch for 30 seconds (max 1 minute).
- Arrange spinach on plates, add the roasted vegetables.
Serve with garlic sauce and roasted sunflower seeds.