Today extremely modestly, although it’s a full and delicious meal. Little enchantment of spring, I got tired of me already this winter. There was a few days of sun, warmer days, there are already crocuses and snowdrops, and today in the morning again snow and frost.
And so I charm spring with greens, trying not to fall asleep, driving away fatigue and reluctance of winter.
It’s a fast food.
Black rice with asparagus. Green peas. Green onion. Green pepper. I play in green with rice.
I even wondered if I can recommend it as a pre-workout meal. I do not know. It seems light enough to eat before exercise, but not later than 1.5 hours before your workout.
As for the after workout meal, it’s not a very balanced proportion of protein and carbohydrates. However fats are barely here.
Regardless of your physical activity, I recommend you try the black rice with asparagus. 🙂 You can, of course, treat this dish as a side dish – will work quite well in the company of tofu, fried oštiepky or halloumi. Or fish, if you like it.
Ingredients (2 servings):
20 dag of black rice
8 – 10 stalks of asparagus
10 dag of frozen peas
coconut oil (approx. teaspoon)
Juice and zest of half a lime
- Rice rinse thoroughly and then boil in salted water for approx. 20 minutes.
- Asparagus clean and break into smaller pieces.
- Peas and asparagus steam for 15 minutes.
- Warm up the oil in a frying pan.
- Put the rice into the pan and fry for approx. one minute.
- Add the asparagus and peas.
- Season with pepper, add the lime zest and juice. Gently (so as not to break the asparagus) mix.
Serve hot, sprinkled with green onion. We can also add a bit of vegan parmesan. Bon Appetit 🙂