I broke my computer. More specifically – I flooded it with coffee. Two days of drying and cleaning and the keyboard is irreparable, but it works. Almighty really did a wonderful job. Thank you!
Now only thing I need to do is buy and replace the keyboard in the laptop and next week I should have fully working computer. Temporarily, however, instead of long (or average long) post, a short note about the recipe.
Pasta with mushrooms and Brussels sprouts. I’m discovering the brussel sprouts. After years of overboiled, nasty-smelling mini-cabbages I manage to extract the flavors and aromas, whose existence I didn’t even suspect. I’m adding Brussels sprouts to soups, salads and pastas. I plan casserole, although I’m still wondering on the best companions for Brussels sprouts… We’ll see.
For now, easy and fast – while you can find forest mushrooms.
30 dag of pasta (I had spelt pasta)
30 dag forest mushrooms – boletes
30 dag of Brussels sprouts
1 tablespoon sesame oil
3 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon powdered ginger
1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon maple syrup
0.5 liters vegetable broth
to serve: Parmesan cheese (vegan or plain)
- Boil the broth, add the pasta. Cook for approx. 10 minutes. Drain, keeping rest of the broth.
- Clean the mushrooms, cut into slices.
- Warm up the oil in a frying pan, add the mushrooms. Fry for 2-3 minutes, then add chopped garlic, powdered ginger and pepper. Fry the mushrooms until they begin to brown.
- Brussels sprouts wash, peel and cut into slices along noodle.
- Add to the mushrooms. Fry for 3-4 minutes, then add the vinegar and maple syrup. Fry for a few minutes to absorb fluids.
- Brussels sprouts and mushrooms add to the pasta, stir.
- Add the remaining broth and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. Bon Appetit!