Horribly long title today, but also very honest one. Travel cheesecakes are convenient – easy to pack in your backpack or travel bag. Small, delicious and nutritious sweets. Great for hiking in the mountains or a picnic in the park.
I do not know if you can call it granola, but it is a mixture of oatmeal and various grains and nuts. Everything roasted on a beautiful golden-brown color with add of pine syrup.
Sure, you can use honey or agave or maple syrup. But then proportions may be slightly different.
Same cheesecakes are result of bit spontaneously decision. I had plans of nutty raw cheesecake with date crust, but… last moment decision of mountain trip changed that plan. But I didn’t want to waste nuts.
Nuts soaked whole night. (I planned to sit down and write a post about the beneficial effect of soaking. Will you be interested in such a mini lecture?). The day before the trip I roasted granola, made cheesecakes and I packed everything in jars.
Then all you need to do is unscrew the cap, add blueberries and dessert is ready. I’ll tell you quite immodestly – better than any candy bar. 🙂
Ingredients (4 servings):
1 tablespoon of oatmeal
1 tablespoon walnuts
1 tablespoon sesame
1 tablespoon almond flakes
1 tablespoon pine syrup (you can use honey or maple or agave syrup)
1 cup cashew nuts (soaked overnight or, at least, or 6 hours)
1 tablespoon liquid coconut oil
3 – 4 tablespoons coconut milk
2 tablespoons pine syrup
- Translate walnuts into bag and pestle them. Do not mince them to a pulp, just shred.
- Mix chopped nuts with oat flakes, sesame seeds and almonds.
- Roast nuts on a dry frying pan until they start to smell intensively and will turn golden-brown.
- Add the pine syrup and stir until the mix is covered with syrup evenly.
- Trnslate granola on the baking paper, smooth with a spoon so that the mass is as thin as possible. Leave to cool for min. 1 hour and preferably overnight.
- Drain cashew nuts and rinse. Translate into blender.
- Peel the zest of the lime zest and squeeze juice out of the limes – you should get approx. ½ cup of juice. Half of the crust and all the juice translate into a blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients: milk and coconut oil, pine syrup.
- Blend thoroughly, you should get a smooth creamy mixture. If it is too thick, you can add a touch of coconut milk.
Put a layer of granola into the jars, add a layer of cheesecake, then a pinch o lime zest. Turn off the jar and leave in the fridge for min. 30 minutes. Or for a night and in the morning pack in the backpack. 🙂 Enjoy!