Do you know this state of mind that occurs when someone innocently say, “tell me a story” or “tell me a joke”. And suddenly, the brain shut itsel and the only conscious thought is, “but which one?”.
And, even you are a scholar or a professional comedian, in your head is only ringing emptiness.
Yes, and I have it today.
Finally, after a week of gray days of autumn and early autumn chills, brightened and days are warm. Finally the walk is a pleasure, not a chore.
Cat discovered balcony and makes my heart trembling with ear, when he courageously walks through the railing or peering in the neighbors windows. Nearby parks sparkles with green in the sun and even the gray streets seem more colorful. I would like to write “spring” but only a blink separates us from the summer.
Today’s recipe is a fast food – spinach with feta cheese baked in puff pastry. We will not use salt because the feta is salty enough. We season spinach with lime juice, ginger and green pepper.
Do you like it?
Bon appetit 🙂
0.5 kg spinach (frozen or if fresh – 1kg)
2 cm root ginger
1 teaspoon green pepper
juice and zest of one lime
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon coconut oil
7 oz (20 dag) feta
- Teach baking tray with baking paper. Arrange puff pastry so that the edges are outside mold. Puncture with a fork and leave in the fridge.
- Peel ginger and grate on a grater.
- To the pot with a thick bottom, add the lime juice, zest, grated ginger, maple syrup and oil. Mix and add the spinach.
- Boil until the liquids evaporate – approx. 15 minutes.
- To the spinach add crumbled feta, mix again.
- Cooled spinach with feta teache at the puff pastry and wrap the edges, that cover the stuffing.
- Warm up the oven to 220C (428F).
- Bake for 20 – 2 minutes.