It’s spring! And I think that she decided to stay. Magnolias bloom and, more than a hundred years old, almond tree blooms, despite the changes in the system and climate variations.
Park almost glows with green, white, pink and yellows. In a few days, weeks, flowers dies and disappear, and before that will cover alleys with fragrant carpet. I like this spring. I like this live and noises it’s making.
Maybe… because the warm and sun help me maintain my diet. When it’s cold, I can eat the whole kitchen with furniture and drink gallons of tea. When it’s spring? Salad is enough for me. Well, maybe not just lettuce, but definitely I am eating more sensible meals. Although, I have to have dessert.
Usually the fruit bowl is enough for me, but sometimes I want something else. Something more desserty. And then I become champion of nonbaking. 🙂
I do not bake cakes, but I eat yoghurt and fruit mousses, creams with avocado and peanut butter. Sometimes sandwich with peanut butter and pear or strawberry.
Today, however, I suggest you light orange mousse. The list of ingredients is short, Making is easy and taste insane. What more do you need?
But despite the large amount of sugars (at the end of this dessert!), this mousse is light and healthy and skinny.
Will you try?
Ingredients (for two portions):
1 Greek yogurt (400 ml)
2 teaspoons agar (or gelatin, if you do not use agar)
2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 lime (optional)
fruit to serve – strawberries, blueberries
- Orange and lime wash, pour with boiling water and then dry it. Then peel the zest – only colored part. Lime zest put off separately.
- To the bowl with orange zest, add yogurt.
- Squeeze lime and orange for juice, pour through a small sieve into a pot.
- Add the agar and mix with juice. Let stand for a few minutes.
- Then add sugar to the juice and heat up the pot. Boil for a few minutes, stirring constantly, until the sugar and agar thoroughly dissolved, and the juice becomes clear.
- Using a hand mixer whip yogurt and orange zest, then pour hot orange juice – whipping all the time. For a moment, you can think that yogurt starts curdling, but after a few turns with mixer it’l regain a smooth consistency.
- Whip yogurt for a few minutes and then pour into the prepared dishes/cups. At this stage will have the consistency of cream.
- Translate mousse bowl to the refrigerator (agar will thicken at room temperature, but the mousse definitely tastes better chilled) for approx. 1 hour.
Serve sprinkled with lime peel and fruits.