I never thought that freshly pickled cucumber can go with veggie curry. And yet.
The sweet-spicy curry and gentle, not sweet and fresh, but not yet pickled cucumber are the perfect combination. Surprise.
You can easily replace batat by an ordinary potato and, somehow I think that can be better. Among curry, carrots and beans, sweet potato is slightly lost, tasteless. But that I’ll leave you to judge, I, next time, will add our common gray potato. 🙂
Of course, best way for veggie meals is make them from fresh vegetables, but frozen are also good. And in the middle of the spring, which thinks that is the autumn, green-orange curry is a medicine for depression.
1 large sweet potato or potato (about 40 ounces )
30 ounces of frozen mini carrots
30 ounces green beans
1 small leek
2 tablespoons of sesame oil
2 – 3 tablespoons of boiled water
0.25 teaspoon salt
1.5 tablespoons dark soy sauce
0.5 teaspoons of turmeric
3 teaspoons curry powder
1 tablespoon roasted black sesame
for curry powder:
2 tablespoons cumin
2 tablespoons coriander
2 tablespoons of turmeric
0.5 tsp cayenne pepper
0.5 teaspoons of mustard
0.5 tsp ground ginger
- Spices for a curry mix in the mill. This spice is mild, if you want a sharper, more hot one – add more paprika or a little chilli.
- Wash sweet potato, peel off the skin. Cut into cubes. If you use fresh carrots, not frozen, also peel it and chop. Put them into the pot, pour water so the vegetables are covered and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 – 7 minutes to soften vegetables. Drain the water.
- Cut leek into slices (whites only), beans (if you have fresh ) peel and cut into smaller pieces.
- In a saucepan with a thicker bottom heat the sesame oil. Add the beans with leek and fry for about 3 minutes. When the leeks begin to be glassy, add water (2 – 3 tablespoons) and salt. Leave on low heat to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add sweet potato and carrots. And then the rest of the seasonings: soy sauce, turmeric, curry powder and a tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Stir so the vegetables are covered with spices. Fry for a few minutes (5 – 8) and serve hot, sprinkled with black sesame seeds.
Add freshly pickled cucumber and you have a real feast. Enjoy it!
Moje Wypieki I Nie Tylko
Na taka ucztę, to ja też się piszę. Świetne połączenie smaków i te aromaty… 🙂
A zapraszam 🙂
Nie byłam pewna tych połączeń, ale wyszło genialnie.
Moje Wypieki I Nie Tylko
Wyobrażam sobie, ale tylko na razie, bo w najbliższym czasie na pewno zrobię. Pozdrawiam. 🙂
Comments are closed.