Quite a time without any bread recipes. But today little rye and spelt buns stuffed with mushrooms. They go perfectly with scrambled eggs or sausages. But also as adding to soups. And they are great by themselves – hot ot cold.
You can heat them in microwave and it’s fast and easy hot breakfest. Or you can pack them and have great snack in work.
And you can stuff your buns whatever you like: mushrooms, spinach, onions or cottage cheese.
Recipe is really easy.
300 g spelt flour
200 g rye flour
33 g of fresh yeast
1 teaspoon brown sugar (or honey)
2 teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons coconut oil (liquid)
1 cup warm milk
500 g mushrooms
1 large onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 teaspoon grounded juniper
1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Peel the mushrooms, cut them fairly thin. Chop onion into small cubes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the onions until soft and delicate, then add the mushrooms. Add salt, pepper and juniper.
- Cook until the mushrooms will let out the juice, then cook to evaporate liquids.
- Leave it to cool.
- Mix the yeast with the sugar until it becomes smooth.
- Both flours sift into a bowl, add salt, yeast, milk, coconut oil and eggs.
- Quickly knead the dough and leave it for 1.5 hours to rise.
- On lightly floured pastry roll out dough quite thinly.
- With glass cut round shapes and then each of them cut in four places. Do not cut in quarters, leave in the middle space for stuffing.
- Put the stuffing on dough circles and then glue the opposite petals, creating a “basket”.
- Put buns into baking sheet and leave for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 356°F. Bake buns about 25 – 30 minutes.
Enjoy it! 🙂